Breakin’ Up Winter XXV
Thursday, March 5 — Sunday, March 8, 2020
Fees to attend:
- Member | Full Event: $45 before 2/14/19 or $50 at door
- Non-Member | Full Event: $50 before 2/14/19 or $55 at door
- Student (college level or under) | Full Event: $20 at door
- Single Day Member | Friday or Saturday only: $30
- Single Day Non-Member | Friday or Saturday only: $35
Click on a title below to view the details about the event:
Cedars of Lebanon State Park
328 Cedar Forest Rd, Lebanon, TN 37090 | (615) 443-2769
Cedars of Lebanon State Park has been the home of our annual old-time music retreat from the very beginning. We utilize most of the park facilities and have a great relationship with the park rangers and the Friends of Cedars of Lebanon, a support organization.
The park contains 900 acres, and an adjoining 8,100 acres are operated by the Parks Division as a natural area and by the Forestry Division as a State Forest.
- Cedars of Lebanon State Park is located approximately 31 miles east of Nashville in Wilson County. It is 6 miles south of I-40 on U.S. Highway 231 (State Route 10).
- Coming south from I-40 on US 231, State Route 265 is the major intersection before the park entrance, which will be on your left.
- Coming north on US 231, the park entrance will on your right before the crossroads with State Route 265.
Each year, NOTSBA holds a drawing to determine who gets to stay in a cabin onsite at the Cedars of Lebanon State Park. There are just a few cabins available and many people who want them, so the drawing is an attempt to level the playing field.
Each cabin has two double beds and a single bed in the loft. Kitchens are complete with cookware. All linens included.
- Includes Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights for $475.
- Checkout is 10 am Sunday morning.
To add your name to the hat, please send in your check to NOTSBA along with the “Enter Me In The BUW Cabin Drawing” coupon on the back of the Breakin’ Up Winter flyer. All cabin entries must be mailed; there is no option for the cabin drawing online. If you don’t initially get a cabin, we can either destroy your check or keep you on the waiting list in case someone cancels.
The deadline for entering the cabin drawing is January 10, 2020.
The physical drawing will take place during the following week. Members of the NOTSBA Board of Directors conduct the drawing and email results to applicants right away.
Group Lodge Accommodations
Reserve a bunk for $15 a night in the Group Lodge early; its two big sleeping rooms – one for night owls, one for early birds – fill up quickly. Bunks are not assigned and rooms are not gender specific (bathrooms and showers are). Bring bedding and towels. Earplugs are highly recommended!
RV and tent camping available. Call the Cedars of Lebanon park office at 615-443-2769 to reserve your spot.
If the weather is dry, registrants may tent camp in the open area behind the Nature Center.
Local Motels, B&Bs
Lebanon, TN, 7 miles north of the park, has several motels:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites – 826 S. Cumberland St, Lebanon, TN (800-345-8082) The Holiday Inn Express in Lebanon is generously offering a special discount to Breakin’ Up Winter attendees. If you present the code BUW, you can get a standard room for $119 a night plus tax. The hotel recently completed a full renovation and the hotel is incredible! Sweet!
- EconoLodge Lebanon – 829 S Cumberland St, Lebanon, TN (844-259-1604)
For information about bed & breakfasts in the area or locally-owned accommodations, contact the Lebanon Chamber of Commerce at 615-444-5503, or visit www.lebanonwilsontnchamber.org
Meals & Meal Tickets
Nashville’s Mad Platter folks will again prepare a delicious spread for us, but requires a prepaid meal ticket ($90) which covers six meals including Friday lunch through Sunday brunch. If you have any special dietary needs, such as vegetarian, gluten-free, etc., please note those details when you finalize your registration purchase.
A food truck will be onsite for single meals.
Meal tickets will be available until Thursday, February 13, 2020.
NOTSBA offers scholarships to students who might not be able to attend Breakin’ Up Winter without a little assistance. A Breakin’ Up Winter scholarship includes registration fees for one student and an adult companion. It does not include meals or lodging, but free attendance to all events and jams is a great reason to attend.
If you know of a student who plays an acoustic stringed instrument – full-time college students or younger – who would benefit from the experience of learning about old-time music first hand, please email Susie Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will make every attempt to offer them an opportunity to attend at no charge.
We honor refund requests received by February 15, 2020, minus a 10% hassle fee.
Registration Contact: Susie Coleman, 615-933-5843, email@example.com
Download the flyer below to register by mail
Online registration for BUW 2020 opens December 1, 2019